search .....

Saturday, 18 August 2012

~*~ August 2012 - JAC Theme "Show your Stash" ~*~



Each month some of the members of the Jewelry Artisans Community make a blogpost on the same subject. This time they ask to show your stash.
Mine grew over the years so I made photo's of a part of them.  :)


This is the story:

A few years ago I bought myself a large cupboard. 
These are originally used in printing offices and so.
They contained lead letters used to print newspapers and magazines.

I have turned it into a bead cupboard but I have to give you a small warning to go with cupboards like these.

You can take out all the drawers and because of that it is best to bolt it to a wall.
I didn't and one day the whole cupboard, with drawers with beads and stones in it landed on top of me as I was sitting in front of it putting away some new beads in it.
It took me half an hour to free myself from under the drawers. Of course I had to be alone at home that day. :(

Because all my beads where scattered over the attic I had to fill all the drawers again.
This time I placed the heavy materials on the bottom and the lighter ones on top.

This how far I got so far, .......................... be sure to keep a towel and or a bucket nearby.  :D




The gemstones and fresh water pearls I collected over the years. As you can see there is still room for some more.  :)





Silver plated, tibet silver and base metal charms, bead-caps, spacer beads.




Glass pearls.


Glass and crystal beads.





This is not all, I haven't placed everything into the cupboard yet and I didn't make photo's of the rest of my findings, chainmaille rings and seed beads.




Go try and see the post of the other members. I will post the links as soon as I get them.  





Bead Sophisticate

Islandgirls Insights

Cat's wire

N Valentine Studio

Jewelry Art By Dawn